Thursday, 21 August 2014

Liverpool have £16m fee for Mario Balotelli accepted by AC Milan and striker could face ex-club Manchester City this Monday


Share/Bookmark
  • Liverpool have had a £16m bid accepted by for Balotelli
  • Italian striker left Manchester City in 2013, and has scored 30 goals for Milan
  • Balotelli thought to want around £125,000 a week 
  • Brendan Rodgers still searching for another striker after selling Luis Suarez
  • Former Liverpool star Michael Owen says it'll be great fun having Balotelli back in the Premier League 
  • Liverpool face Balotelli's former club Manchester City on Monday
Liverpool have had a £16million bid accepted by AC Milan for Italy striker Mario Balotelli.
Balotelli is thought to want £125,000 a week to move to Anfield and the transfer is nearly complete, subject to personal terms. 

Brendan Rodgers had said Liverpool would categorically not be signing the errant Italy striker last month, but has had a change of heart.   


How it's going to be: Mario Balotelli mocked up in a Liverpool shirt in anticipation of his £16m move to Anfield
How it's going to be: Mario Balotelli mocked up in a Liverpool shirt in anticipation of his £16m move to Anfield
Drive to succeed: Balotelli leaves Milan's training ground in his red Ferrari
Drive to succeed: Balotelli leaves Milan's training ground in his red Ferrari

Super Mario: Balotelli left the Premier League in 2013, but now seems to be on his way back with Liverpool
Super Mario: Balotelli left the Premier League in 2013, but now seems to be on his way back with Liverpool
Change of heart: Rodgers had previously said he would not be signing the Italian striker
Change of heart: Rodgers had previously said he would not be signing the Italian striker
Balotelli earlier told Sky Italia: 'This will be my last day at Milanello.' 
Later, he left Milanello training complex in a red Ferrari. He had lunch after training and stopped to tell reporters: 'Nothing is decided yet nothing is black and white.'

Former Liverpool striker Michael Owen posted on Sportslobster: 'Going to be great fun having Balotelli back in the Premier League. There is no doubt about his talent and I'm sure Brendan Rodgers will make sure he behaves having witnessed the problems (Luis) Suarez inflicted on the club. If that's the case, £16m looks good value.'

Samuel Eto'o is still an option for Liverpool should the Balotelli deal fall through, for any reason.

Balotelli has to be registered by noon on Friday if he is to figure for Liverpool against former club Manchester City on Monday.

It would be a sensational return to the Premier League for the 24-year-old, who left City in 2013.

Balotelli has been involved in a series of scrapes during his career to date, especially during his time in the Premier League. 

On the field, he was sent off for Manchester City against Arsenal in 2012 in a defeat that almost derailed their title charge.

And off the pitch, there was the notorious incident when Balotelli set off fireworks in his house, leading to him revealing the famous 'Why Always Me?' T-shirt when he scored in the Manchester derby at Old Trafford in 2011.

He also had a set-to with City manager Roberto Mancini on the training ground, and a scrap with Jerome Boateng.

The striker's agent Mino Raiola flew to England on Wednesday to try to thrash out a deal.
Since returning to Italy, he has scored 30 goals in 54 games, the same amount he scored for City in 80 games. 

And it is easy to forget that he has already won four titles in two countries, a Champions League and the FA Cup and Coppa Italia by the age of 24. 

DailyMail



No comments:

Post a Comment