Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Chelsea transfer news: Antonio Conte holds talks with Riyad Mahrez ahead of £46.5m bid


Share/Bookmark
CHELSEA have reportedly set their sights on Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez.
Chelsea hold talks with Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez
Chelsea hold talks with Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez
Mahrez has made no secret of his desire to leave Leicester this summer in an effort to return to Champions League football.

The Algeria international was heavily linked with a move to Roma earlier in the window, but the Serie A giants failed to meet Leicester’s asking price.

And now Mahrez has attracted interest from Premier League champions Chelsea, according to Tribal Football.

Blues manager Antonio Conte is said to have held talks with the 26-year-old about a summer switch to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea are reportedly willing to spend £46.5million on Mahrez, who is open to joining the west London outfit.

Mahrez has played in every league game for Leicester this season, providing two assists in his three outings.

But Foxes manager Craig Shakespeare is aware that Mahrez is keen to join a top-six club before the window shuts.

“He wants to play for a top-six club," Shakespeare said. “If we don’t get an offer from a top-six club, he stays.

“If that offer comes in and it’s not enough, he stays. It is quite clear for me at the moment, he has made that statement but he is our player.”

Mahrez joined Leicester in a £400,000 deal back in January 2014, helping the Foxes to the Championship title in his first season and to Premier League glory in the 2015/16 campaign.
Express

No comments:

Post a Comment