Friday, 5 August 2011

Mancini plays down Tevez swap deal


Share/Bookmark

The Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini, has downplayed suggestions Carlos Tevez could move to Internazionale in a swap deal involving the full-back Maicon.
Mancini said there had been no approach to City from Inter, and added that the Argentinian striker will return to normal training next week. Tevez is not available for Sunday's season-opening Community Shield match against Manchester United, having been granted a 21-day break following the Copa América. The 27-year-old has made clear his desire to leave City, but a deal with the Brazilian club Corinthians collapsed last month.
Mancini expects Tevez to continue playing a full role if a move does not materialise. He said: "He doesn't have another team. Carlos is a professional player. If he doesn't have another team in the next 10 days or two weeks I think he will play for us and play serious like last year, like always." Read more:

No comments:

Post a comment