Thursday, 15 December 2011

Chelsea FC want Gonzalo Higuain to replace Fernando Torres - report


Share/Bookmark

Chelsea are reportedly preparing to make a £30million bid for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.
Gonzalo Higuain
Chelsea have been linked with the Argentina international throughout the year and their interest is believed to have increased in recent weeks as manager Andre Villas-Boas considers bringing in a new striker in the New Year.

Villas-Boas will lose Nicolas Anelka next month, while reports on Wednesday suggested the Blues are ready to offload £50m flop Fernando Torres when the transfer window reopens (see below).

There is also still a chance that Didier Drogba could follow Anelka out of the club next year, while Salomon Kalou's future is yet to be resolved.

And according to the Daily Star, Chelsea could look to strengthen their attacking options by launching a big-money bid for Higuain.

There has been no official contact with Real Madrid over a possible transfer, but it is understood that the west London club have made their interest known.

And Higuain, who is also a target for Paris Saint-Germain, is said to be open to a move after becoming frustrated at being left on the bench by coach Jose Mourinho.

A source close to the player told the newspaper: "Higuain is unhappy at being left out all of the time.

"He wants to fight for the title but was on the bench against Barcelona at the weekend when Real lost 3-1 and he knows where his place is now.

"He would be interested in what people have to say to him.".

Reports in Spain earlier this month suggested Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is prepared to let the forward leave the Bernabeu providing Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich can match his valuation of the Argentine - believed to be £40m.
http://www.crunchsports.com

No comments:

Post a comment