Sunday, 29 January 2012

Chelsea FC and Man Utd target Eden Hazard 'will leave' admit Lille


Share/Bookmark

Lille admit it is "almost a certainty" that Eden Hazard, who is a target for Chelsea, Manchester United and others, will leave the club before the start of next season.

The 21-year-old has caught the eye of most of Europe's elite, Arsenal, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham all keen, along with Paris Saint-Germain and several Serie A sides.

Reports in recent days had suggested Chelsea were considering a late January bid for the Belgium international before the winter transfer window closes in a few days time.

But a summer move looks much more likely, and Lille general director Frederic Paquet has admitted he is likely to lose one of his best players at the end of the season.

Paquet told Orange Sport: "Eden will leave at the end of the season, that is almost a certainty."

Both Hazard and his agent had previously ruled out a move to Paris Saint-Germain, but speaking last Friday, the playmaker hinted at a move to the Parc des Princes now that Carlo Ancelotti is in charge.

"The interest from Paris is tempting. Paris Saint-Germain are a great club," he told Le Parisien.

"And especially with a coach like [Carlo] Ancelotti, that makes you even more keen. Only God know where I will be playing my football in 2012 though."

Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool have all sent scouts to watch him in action for Lille in recent weeks.

No comments:

Post a comment