Friday, 3 February 2012

Ribery questions Bayern´s inaction


Share/Bookmark
Franck Ribery
Franck Ribery has criticised Bayern Munich for failing to strengthen their squad during the January transfer window.

Ribery, 28, is concerned by Bayern's lack of strength in depth, and thinks that they could end up paying the price in the Bundesliga and the Champions League.

"I think it is a big problem for us if two or three players are injured," Ribery told Sport1.

"We do not have a really good bench and have no really good second team."

Ribery's comments are unlikely to go down well at the Allianz Arena.

Club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge revealed on the same day it had been the wish of coach Jupp Heynckes to remain inactive during the transfer window.

"It was the desire of the coach not to make any changes in the winter," Rummenigge told Bild.

"We hope that we can get through with this squad."

Bayern angered their own supporters last week by announcing the signing of a high-profile striker, news intended only as a publicity stunt to promote a new website tool.
soccerway.com

No comments:

Post a comment